Thursday, February 2, 2012

Halifax Public Gardens


Halifax, Nova Scotia

T

The goose.  

He was behind a wire enclosure by this waterway.
People were sitting on a bench in front of him, 
walking past and stopping for a quick visit,
talking to him,
and he just sat there.

Big and fat, (notice he only approved the head shots)
old looking,
bored silly.

I happened along with my camera,
and as soon as he saw me aiming it in his direction,
he got right up and posed,
to the left, to the right, looking up, looking down,
'here I am when I want to look demure',
'this is me when I want it to look like I'm paying attention'...
His many admirers were in stitches
by the time our 'photo shoot' concluded.

He was.....






wait for it.....






a silly goose.



10 comments:

Shaun said...

Good punchline, i like those images. he probably knows that he will never be destine for the dinner table.

grammie g said...

Hi Karen..Oh my he is so darn cute with those head positions ..it is pretty funny to see !!
Looks like a lovely place to visit and see the silly goose ; }!
Grace

Ash said...

Do you think he's posed for the camera before? !!

Rambling Woods said...

Oh I love geese...they have such an attitude...

Miss Holly said...

Oh...he is a beautiful beautiful goose......

Out on the prairie said...

I think you may have made a friend.Lovely pics!

Travel France Online said...

Lovely shots and poem with a great chute! DeeBee

Johnny Nutcase said...

:) He's a cutie! looks like he has a pretty nice area to hang around in too!

Bill S. said...

What a great photo group. Great post with a great punch line. I love you groupings of photos.

eileeninmd said...

What a pretty mosaic, the photos are wonderful. Love the goose!